Monday 22 April 2019

SCENE ONE: FADE IN ON BRIAN KAVANAGH
After a lifetime making films, I have a new life writing mystery novels.
My old cinematic life was in the days when most of you were a mixture of multiplying cells, when the world hadn't heard of Australian films (apart from the dear departed, Chips Rafferty) and therefore was a neater and cleaner place. So I, along with a company of ne'er-do-wells, am partly responsible for dirtying up the joint.
I intend here, with your approval, to dig into the dirt and recall moments when I struck gold (mostly fools-gold) and carry you through my film-land adventures.
This Blog will occur at irregular intervals, much like my memory, so make a note of the address and check back from time to time.

But first things first. I discovered film early on in life on Saturday afternoons at the Circle Cinema, High street, Preston a suburb of Melbourne, Australia (more of that later). 


Two cinematic gems I recall that made a lasting impression on my pubescent mind are.
Charles Chaplin's THE GOLD RUSH (a revival I hasten to add, lest you think me doubling as Methuselah (there some who claim I am).

And a weekly serial which I think irrevocably coloured my approach to cinema .
THE IRON CLAW.


So you can see that the die was cast and I was determined to emulate these cinema gods. (to be continued. Please return)😈
MY BOOKS

6 comments:

  1. Love it, Brian :) Can you remember to let me know when you have posted abother blog? I won't remember either LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for the next episode....just like those Saturday morning serials !
    ( Or dare I say, the Marvel universe saga of movies)😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! This will be very enjoyable Thanks for the entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had the great base to build your own career, especially a film 'The Gold Rush'.

    ReplyDelete